My favorite way to eat and shop for food is seasonally. I mainly shop for fresh produce at farmers market. When I do shop at my local grocery store, I stick to whatever looks fresh and is in season at the moment. For this particular recipe, I am using fresh cauliflower, broccoli and red peppers. You may substitute any veggies you love.
- 1 cup broccolini
- 1 cup yellow pepper
- 1 cup red pepper
- 1 tbs organic sunflower or coconut oil
- 1 tsp each of mustard, fennel and cumin seeds
- 1 tsp turmeric powder or 2 tsp fresh grated
- 1 tbs garlic and ginger, minced
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Cut all the veggies in one inch bite size pieces.
Heat oil in a large heavy bottom pan on medium heat.
Add all seeds and toast for 30 seconds on medium heat.
Add all the veggies, garlic, ginger, turmeric, salt and black pepper.
Mix well to incorporate all the spices through out the veggies.
Sauté on high heat for 10 minutes.