Kick your Brussels sprouts’ up a notch by adding crushed coriander seeds! Coriander is the seed part of the cilantro plant. These little babies contain an ample amount of the antioxidant vitamin C, as well as the many vital B-complex vitamins like thiamin, riboflavin, and niacin. The delicious and vibrant favor will give your Brussels sprouts a unique exoctic flavor!
Brussels Sprouts with Coriander SeedsPrint Recipe
- 1 pounds Brussels sprouts, cut into 1/4 pieces
- 1/2 pound organic carrots, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 3 tbs good olive or organic sunflower oil
- 1 tbs coriander seeds, crushed in a pestle
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix Brussels sprouts and all the ingredients in a bowl really well.
Transfer to a sheet pan lined with foil for easy cleanup.
Roast in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are golden and crispy throughout.
Shake the pan half way through to get an even crisp.
Sprinkle with more sea salt if you like them salty, like French fries!
You may omit carrots and substitute sweet potatoes!